Friday, March 25, 2011

Music Tournament - The Songful Sixteen

Well, we're down to 16 and there are some VERY tough decisions. Don't forget to comment on what you thought were the easiest and toughest decisions for this round after you've voted. Those bands receiving justification in the comments might just be more likely to be pushed through in case of a tie.

You have until the end of the day on March 27th to vote for this round. Thanks to everyone who has voted so far! Don't forget, one vote per person.

If you're having trouble making a decision, here are some helpful links (most are different from my original links if you want to hear more by these artists):

Avenged Sevenfold vs. LCD Soundsystem

Audioslave vs. The Black Keys

Band of Horses vs. The Decemberists

The Postal Service vs. Mumford & Sons

Ingrid Michaelson vs. Sara Bareilles

Lady Gaga vs. Alexi Murdoch

Arcade Fire vs. Franz Ferdinand

Kings of Leon vs. The Killers

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

A7X is starting to maybe hit the limits of their reach in this tournament. After all, they have one crazy awesome album, and some good but not great efforts. Still, everyone loves a story where a band realized their potential, even if it was too late for The Rev. I'm still voting for them.

I have seen Slayer four times and I'm voting for Sara Bareilles. I'm not sure those two things are related, but I don't think Slayer and Sara Bareilles have ever been in the same sentence before, so there's that.

I don't think I've voted for Franz Ferdinand once until this round. But now I finally feel this is an appropriate match-up for them, and moreover, one they can win. Call it a gut feeling.

March 26, 2011 at 12:26 AM 
Blogger Unknown said...

Despite liking almost all of the remaining bands/artists, this round was surprisingly easy for me - fairly clear choices in every match-up. I'm also going out on a limb and predicting a Black Keys v. Mumford & Sons and Lady Gaga v. Killers semis.

March 26, 2011 at 6:32 PM 
Blogger panjok2 said...

kings of leon should definitely have more votes! I guess people in Europe don't know about this or they would blow everyone out of the water! haha

March 27, 2011 at 7:51 PM 
Blogger Susan said...

Drew, I had to laugh when I read your comment re: Slayer and Sara--are you aware she's actually sung about Slayer? She did a duet with Weezer on their "If You're Wondering If I Want You To (I Want You To)." Check it out on youtube, it's pure awesomeness and will make you even happier you voted for her.

Speaking of which, hardest choice for me was definitely Sara vs. Ingrid. SO not fair--they're friends, after all.

March 27, 2011 at 8:27 PM 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home